Monash Public Health Seminar: Large-scale systems epidemiology – recent applications and current trends | Prof Mika Ala-Korpela – Professor of Computational Medicine, University of Oulo (Finland)
- 23 November 2017 at 3:00 pm – 23 November 2017 at 4:00 pm
- Conference Room 2, Ground Floor, 553 St Kilda Road, Melbourne VIC 3004
- Open to:
- Register here:
- Medicine, Nursing, Health Science; Public lectures; Science; Seminars & Workshops
Professor Ala-Korpela is an adjunct with the School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, and will start at the Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute in January 2018 as the Head of Systems Epidemiology. He is currently the Professor of Computational Medicine at the Medical Faculty, University of Oulu, Finland, and at Population Health Science, Bristol Medical School, University of Bristol, UK.
His research focuses on lipoprotein and lipid metabolism, development and applications of multivariate data analysis methods for metabolic phenotyping and risk assessment and the utilisation of various 'omics technologies in clinical and systems epidemiology to study the aetiology of metabolic diseases. He has over 25 years of experience in biomedical research and has pioneered high throughput applications of serum metabolomics in molecular epidemiology and functional genetics.
- Associate Professor Anita Wluka
- [email protected]
- +61 3 9903 0444
- Monash University, School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine